Did you have a bad experience in 2017? Everyone did, you’re not alone. In this new year, you should avoid ‘Caroline’ . Who is ‘Caroline’ by the way? As Davido rightly said in his song FIA, “Caroline save your drama” He was referring to a girl who looked down on him but later came back to him because he had made it. But let’s take “Caroline” beyond that.
There are different kinds of “carolines” that should save their drama this year. There are a lot of them you should stay very far away from in 2018. Here are a few:
1. Those who borrow your money and won’t pay back. “Please help me, I promise I will pay you next week. I am expecting… and I will pay back” How many times have you heard such and you were disappointed because they didn’t pay you back. When they come again this year, you know what to do. Just say in your mind, “you don’t need me in your soap opera” That’s, they should carry their problems far from you.
2. Fake friends that will betray you. Any friend that have not suffered with you, is the one that might easily betray you. There are many of them and they only reach out to you when they need you. In 2018, you must know who matters and who doesn’t. Know those who will stand by you through thick and thin and prioritize them. Fake friends talk ill about you especially when you are more successful than them; you don’t have to respond to such negativity. Let them save their drama. “Stay away from people who don’t have money but are proud. Avoid people who need you but behave like they’re doing you a favor” @subomiplumptre
3. Clients who won’t pay for products/services. You will hear things like, “don’t worry, trust me, send the product and I will…” Please, please, please, tell them to save their drama. You can’t be wasting your time with unserious clients. If they won’t pay, they should forget it. In major businesses, make sure you sign a contract, you might need a lawyer. Don’t come and have hypertension because you have been chasing a client to pay his bills. Avoid it from the beginning.
4. Family members that won’t support you. Everyone have that Uncle, Aunty or relation that never supported them but are the first to say how disobedient or arrogant you are just because you have something going on for you. Wo! look here, you don’t have their time this year. Family negativity can drain your energy greatly, so please, don’t focus on their drama but pursue your goals with laser focus.
5. Negative mentions about you on the internet. These days, once you have a gripe with someone, if he/she doesn’t mention you directly on social media, they’ll do it indirectly and everyone will know he/she was referring to you. As you grow in life, you can’t avoid such but you can simply ignore it. Be more eager to fulfill your assignment than being on the lookout for who is denting your image. This drama, you must avoid.
6. That guy that is not ready to marry you. You know you’re a single lady and due for marriage but you are still playing around with boys that don’t have you in their future plans. Biko, this year you must make things straight, no time for drama.
7. The beautiful girl that’s after your money. As a guy, working and getting a good pay but you ignore your parents, siblings, children, girlfriend or wife but keep giving out money to some strange ladies because you’re father Christmas, this year wisdom should fall on you.
8. Business proposals that won’t succeed. Those quick cash businesses; you should avoid. Don’t let people deceive you into the business, you might just be the unlucky one. You don’t know what I mean? Okay, “hem hem hem” or better still, “invest any amount and get 50 percent increase within a month” RUN AWAY!
9. The inner voice that tells you, “the year is starting, you still have time” Well, the new year have started but you have started procrastinating your goals, better tell that voice to save its drama. Set your goals and start executing them immediately.
10. Banking on a promise from someone to plan your life or rather fully trusting people. Most disappointments comes from failed promises. Be very careful when giving your trust to people. T.D Jakes once said, “Give people a 50 percent trust and if it fails, be 100 percent ready to survive it” Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, make wise choices.
Please let me know other “Carolines” in the comments section.
You need to save yourself from drama. You are not ready for a soap opera in 2018.
Have a successful year ahead!